Hey guys,
Well i am finally down to my last week in the mission. Its a really weird feeling. I dont know if i should be happy or sad. I actually feel both. It is so weird! So ive been walking working this week just thinking about how its going to be when i get home. I promise to try and be as normal as possible! I really dont feel like ive been gone from home for 2 years. Feels like yesterday that I was at home with all you guys. But reality is is that ive been gone for 2 years! I have learned so many things. Mom asked me to describe my "best two years" for yall. So here it goes. When I first got to Brasil I was scared out of my mind. You guys know how I am. I quickly got used to the CTM and then I was thrust into the field as nervous as ever. Then I slowly got used to the missionary lifestyle. One thing I had a great difficulty with was the language. It took me awhile to get the hang of it. It didnt help that the people I talked to usually said, "i have no idea what you are saying." I just kept working on it and most people i talk to today say i sound just like a brazilian. The people here are the joy and the sadness of the mission. Lots of people are really cool and then there are the jerks. Most members are always willing to help and love to feed the missionaries. Then there are lots of amazing people searching for the restored gospel. I have a few stories that i will be able to share with you guys when i get home. Overall I loved the mission. I loved working with all my companions and we all tried really hard to do the Lords work here. It really is the best two years and it passes by so quickly. I really cant explain it. I once heard someone say the days go by slow but the weeks fly by. It really is that way. Well guys hope yall are excited cause i sure am. Love yall!
Love, Elder Ashton
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Brazil is surely going to miss you as much as you will miss it. It's a good thing that you are sending your little brother down to replace you.
Oh, and wait til you see Parker. That's a change for you.
Post a Comment