Friday, November 23, 2007

Hmm, Strange.........

Elder Ashton writes:

Hey family,
So I have got some strange news for you guys today. Last Saturday we had transfers. The strangest thing happened, I got transfered. Ha ya I will no longer be Elder Stewart's companion. The weird thing is that I have only been here for 3 months and the norm is 5-8 months in an area. The reason I am leaving is because Elder Stewart gets to train another missionary, probably American. So that was some sad news cause we won't be together for Christmas but that is the missionary life. I will be heading to an area still in Salvador called Brotas. I will be in a trio with Elders Neves and Siqueira. It will be fun and I heard that I have a way sweet house!!! Today is my last day with Stewart. Actually I get to hang with him this last pday then I go to the office where my new companions pick me up. Yesterday me and Stewart bought 5 liters of chocalate ice cream to eat. So we got home from working and ate some ice cream. Then a couple of Brazilians in the ward there came over. Then Stewart and them started talking about what they could do to the new guy when he got there. Suddenly they remembered that they didn't do anything to me. They started joking that they would throw ice cream on me or something but I didn't believe them. One of them, Marcus, ran over and put an ice cube down my shirt so I grabbed some water and squirted him. He came back at me with the water squirter we use for ironing and then I grabbed a 2 liter bottle of water we had in the fridge. I ran at him and squirted him good then he grabbed a bowl of ice cream and slammed it on my head. That wasn't cool but it was a nice going away present haha.

I got to baptize two boys on Sunday which was way cool. Raphael and Marcio. I can't believe that Spencer is coming home!!!! That is crazy!! He's gonna get married before I even get home. Sad...Ya Jessica is going to Japan! She went into the MTC in the end of September. She will get home like 3 months before I do. Nope I haven't gotten my package yet but I haven't been at the office yet today so it might be there.

Dude Parker stop growing! When I get home you are going to be huge!! Sorry for being so mean to you. Wait, I was never mean to you haha.Oh ya and Happy Birthday on Saturday!!!!!! Big ole 15 is it?

Ya I could buy some ties maybe somewhere I will check it out.Well keep me updated and I will let you know how life is without Elder Stewart.
Love yall!!!
Love, Elder Ashton


Here's a typical lunch for the elders......or at least the picture was labeled "Lunch" so I am to assume that. YIKES!! Anyone like meat? I am so glad that Ashton was sent to Brazil.....I was worried he would be sent somewhere where he would refuse to eat! He is in Meat Heaven and he was certainly lacking growing up with a semi-vegetarian mother (I'm not really wild about meat!)

2 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Transfers have got to be hard! Way to go out with a bang though! That sandwhich looks DISGUSTING!

Anonymous said...

After seeing that sandwich I have to agree about the meat assessment. Puts me off of meat forever.
Welcome to the world of missionary transfers....you have just begun. Hope your folks have a map of Brazil to keep track of where you are.