Wednesday, February 13, 2008

That's Good, I Wish It Was Colder Here!

Ahoy there!
Well, to start off I have gotten a little better. Last week was horrible. I was sick from like Monday until Friday. I felt perfect on Saturday. Then on Sunday I felt horrible again and right now I am feeling it just a little.
It's good to know that things are going good at home haha. The weather I hear is nice and everyone is getting over their sicknesses.
We received Elder Neves' box before he left so no worries. He was very grateful and wanted to thank you guys! He goes home tonight and I'm pretty sure he is excited. So about the news on what's going on down here. I haven't gotten my new companion yet. I will get him tonight. I am going to train a new guy! That's a big step right there haha! I will pick him up at the office tonight and I will have my first filho (son)! This will make Elder Stewart a Grandpa haha. It's going to be a bit hectic these next 2 weeks I think but after I adjust I should have a great rest of my mission. I have already found an elect to teach and baptize in a couple of weeks. Her name is Fernanda and actually she found us. She showed up at church a couple of weeks ago and said she wanted to be taught. So we went to her house last night and we taught her. She accepted to be baptized in 2 weeks! If we get her sister and brother-in-law married we might baptize them too! So, I passed by Leandro's house (what I thought was Leandro's house) and it turns out that he moved! How weird is that! I knew that he always visited this one place but I didn't know he lived there. Hopefully he still remembers what it was like to feel the spirit and gets baptized there.

I can't believe that Carson has been gone a year too! Wow, I received an email from Bri and he said that he has almost been in the Ukraine a whole year. They have been gone forever it seems like! And everyone is coming home now. Did you guys take a picture of all the plaques that were up on the wall at the church? Has anyone else received their callings?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 49 wow.
That's too bad about the car jman. But now we can say that I'm the best driver of the family. haha.
Well that's all for right now. Next week I'll let you know if I got an American or Brazilian. I think he will be Brazilian but don't know for sure. Love yall!

Love, Elder Ashton

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So you were brave enough from thousands of miles away to post your mother's age on your blog! (Acutally I know that Mom herself let the age remain in the letter.) So what is the story behind the Jman car remark? Also, elder Ashton, we are all anxious to hear about your newbie and about how lucky he is to have you for his trainer. Keep enjoying the Best Two Years of Your Life.