Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Dang, Sorry Jameson

Ya.

So Jman, I didn't receive your email. I'm sorry but you have to send it again haha. It's ok if you don't want to. I'll understand but I do want to know what position you will be and Parker's too. Also, be careful this season cause I thought about it the other day and you have gotten injured in every season you have played. So watch out for that and little P too. Don't want him to get banged up too bad haha.
So sounds like things are way exciting back at home huh. The Jazz are doing ok and there is snow. What more could you ask for?

Well, I'll give you the rundown of what's going on around here really quick. Elder Fellows and I look like two of the goofiest people walking around in the middle of Brasil haha. He is like 6'4". So we have two "Americanos" walking around in a white shirt and tie trying to speak Portuguese and asking people to get baptized. Sounds like something out of the Twilight Zone huh haha. It's fun though and I am learning a ton being a "Dad" and having to make most of the decisions. At least the people I talk to say I speak pretty good Portuguese. I have to study every day and I learn lots of new words. It's kind of hard being the translator though haha.

So with our baptism. She had to travel to visit her mom in the interior but she will come back today or tomorrow and we will baptize her this coming week. It's pretty cool. Also, yesterday we had another zone conference. It's always fun to go to those and see all of the other missionaries. I can tell that my "dad" Elder Stewart has officially had more added to my blog than I have haha. It's cool though cause he is part of the family now and he said that he will visit when he gets home in 4 months!!!!! It has already been three months since I was working with him. Man how time flies.
Well, it is still blazing hot here and the people are as crazy as ever but we are trying our best to find the elects of God. I know that this church is true and I am thankful for the opportunity to be here. Thanks you guys for your support and good council and prayers. I definitely need them. The time will go fast and before you guys know it Jameson will have his call and be in the MTC and I will be dating his girlfriend hahahahahahahaha. Careful Jameson. It could happen haha. Well only this for this week. Love yall!

Love, Elder Ashton

ps. I'm out of peanut butter and jelly again. Also Elder Gonçalves was wondering if you could send some Centrum vitamins for him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Elder, I'm going to have to dub you 'Elder Awesome Ashton', just because you are. And from my point of view there is nothing more beautiful than two clean-cut missionaries in white shirts combing the highways of the world. Bless you both.