Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Yes, Christmas Is Coming!

Hey fam!

So I just wanted to start off by telling all of you that Christmas is coming!!! Here in 3 weeks ill be speakin to you guys on Christmas day!!! On the 17th of this month the whole mission is going to get together to have the Christmas conference. We are all going to go down to Porto Seguro which I have heard is one of the most beautiful places in the world. It will be alot of fun. Usually the whole mission doesnt get together for conferences but this year are mission has done really well and we have worked really hard. I havent had any real exiting experiences lately here in my area. Actually lately we have been talking to alot of people who really dont like us and it is kind of annoying. The other day we talked to a guy that said he was Christian but later on in the conversation he said that he was a Jew. I dont really understand how you can be a Christian Jew or Jew Christian especially since they dont believe in the same things. That day wasnt too great. Ya so it looks like you guys are having a blast at home with all of the holidays that have been going on. We are still working hard as it keeps getting hotter. Actually for the last couple of weeks it has been raining. On monday it was really cool cause there was a big storm with lots of rain, lightning, and thunder! It was like the first time that I have seen a storm like that here in Brasil and it made me think of Texas. I dont know if you guys have heard but there is a state here in Brasil that has been flooded by rain. A whole state was flooded. There are a bunch of missionaries there that I know. The state is called Santa Catarina. Lots of people have died and alot are homeless. They keep showing stuff on tv about there and all you can see is lots of muddy water and some rooftops but basically water. This is a sign that the second coming is getting close. Actually we have known that it is getting close for a long time but now we can see that what the prophets have been saying forever. Keep true to the faith guys and we will be fine! I love yall!

Love, Elder Ashton

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been to your house in Texas...I know about your Texas-sized storms. Incredible, scarey, and yet so majestic. Too bad about Santa Catarina but the signs of the time are truly getting more persistent. You missionaries are also a sign of the times....incredible, majestic, and awesome. God bless the missionaries.