

Elder Stewart here, with just 36 days before coming home! I hope you are all doing well and that you are excited for me to come home! I cannot believe how fast the time is flying by! I know I say that every week but really it is just cruising by! I cant believe that I already called home for the last time! It was really good to talk to the family and to see them live! I called this time again using Skype which is a missionary's best friend! You see Skype is a service that you can call on the internet and have live video conference calls for free! So I got to see my family and my house and I didn't pay anything. They also were able to see me and it makes it a little bit easier to really talk with the family. This is the third time that I have called using Skype and I have had no problems with any of the calls really. So if you have a missionary and he is in an area where he can use a members computer or has access to the internet, talk to him and see if his President will allow him to use it. I know that my family and I have enjoyed it. So anyway the mission is going well. I have a baptism this week end of a girl who has been going to church with her sister since her sister got baptized and yet she couldn't be baptized because she was only seven. This Sunday she came up to me and told me that she had finally hit the big 8 and wanted to be baptized on the next Sunday! So we are teaching her this week and helping her to prepare to be baptized on Sunday. This was a great blessing from the Lord. You see, this last week I had to go to another city that is a long ways a way from mine and therefore I had to leave my area with out anyone working there and thus my investigators could become lazy. So with this threat at hand I left and my companion went to help another area secure their baptisms. Well at the end of the week I had no one in church and the baptisms we went to help stay strong all fell. I felt so defeated and was even starting to question what I had done thinking that it was my fault some how. It was then when the little girl came and told me she would be baptized. I was blessed with a great surprise and the Lord was telling me that he was going to help me because I was doing what he wanted. I learned a great lesson that day. I need to always trust in the Lord and, as the scripture says in Proverbs 3:5-6, not "lean unto my own understanding." The Lord is magnificent and this is his work. I know that he is blessing me and is blessing this work. I know that if I will but trust in him I will be able to help many people receive the Gospel. But faith is always one of our greatest challenges and it will always be a part of this phase called mortality. We are to walk by faith and gain the trust that we lost as children. If we will learn to trust in the Lord "he will direct our paths." I love this work and this Gospel. I have seen how truly perfect the things the Lord does are. I hope you all enjoy this experience while it is nothing great and incredible it was a great moment of revelation and understanding for me. I have had many of those moments during my mission and hope for many more in these last 36 days. I love you all and hope you will always show faith in the Lord. I will see you soon! Tchau!

No comments:
Post a Comment