Wednesday, September 24, 2008

New Pictures Again!!

Hey guys!

So this last week was really awesome. Ha it was so funny cause last Pday we went and watched High School Musical with our whole zone! It was like 14 guys watching that movie and it was hilarious! Everyone thought it was cool how I have a brother that is in that movie and I was giving everyone the inside info about the movie. Way funny, Jameson you are even popular down here with that movie now!!! Everyone down here loves it.
The work is going good here. We are going to baptize a girl this week. Her name is Marina and she is really cool. She is 15 years old. She came to church with her little sisters who sat there as quiet as can be throughout church while the other kids were noisy as heck! Yes it happened just like the last time I wrote where I had to sit amongst 7 crazy children and trying to keep them quiet. It was fun though. We have had a few interesting things happen. Last week we went to visit a kid that we met in the street one day. So we went to his "house" and asked for him. The girl that answered the door said he left that day and wouldn't be coming back. So we struck up a conversation with her and told her that we were there to teach people the gospel of Jesus Christ. All of a sudden she started laughing uncontrollably. I don't know why. Then her mom started yelling at us saying that she was Baptist. She kept yelling 'get out of here' many times. I was a little bit steamed about that but now everytime we pass her house we just laugh.
That is the interesting story of the week. I love yall!!

Love, Elder Ashton


Elder Ribeiro and Elder Ashton working at the school during the Helping Hands event.
Elder Ashton, Elder Haymond, Elder Ribeiro, and Elder Schneider
The view from the back of our house.
The elders again....

Making pizza dough.
The pizza!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Smart girl Marina. Now let's pray that she stays strong and true and her whole life changes. You are doing great work Elders, and Brasil is a much better place b/c of your efforts.

As for laughing girl, we all know how happy Baptists are?!