Hey guys!
Hows everyone doing back at home? Im doing fabulous here. The time is flying extremely fast! Sorry I didnt write yesterday mom I had no time. Yesterday we had a conference with all the missionaries in the mission except for the ones in Salvador. They all came here to Ilhéus to listen to Elder Costa (an area authority) and President Silva speak. It was awesome to see! I also got to see most of my friends from here on the mission! I saw Elder Bauer again too! So after the conference I was planning on emailing you but some missionaries that used to serve in my area passed by and decided they wanted to baptize a few people. So I was in charge of setting everything up but it didnt work out and I was left with no time to email you. But luckily President said that this morning is part of our Pday. We almost baptized that girl last friday. She was so excited to be baptized and everything but we got to the church to fill up the font and the church was out of water!!!! It was so sad to tell her and see her face when I told her the bad news. She was planning on getting baptized that friday and then on saturday going to Itabuna (a city nearby to visit a relative). So when we didnt baptize her on friday I thought we wouldnt be able to baptize her for another couple of weeks. So on sunday we went to pick up her mom and sisters to go to church with us. When we knocked on the door Marina (the girl) answered. We were like, "what the?" Then we got all excited and took her to church with us. Unfortunately the church was still out of water so we remarked to baptize her on tuesday. Tuesday came and we got bad news. Her mom decided that she wasnt going to get baptized. We are thinking because she heard something bad about the church. Satan works really fast huh? So it was alot of work to not have a baptism but im not worried cause I know one day she will get baptized. I just did my part. But other than this its been good. Not too much more to tell you guys. I love yall!!!
Love, Elder Ashton
ps. i want candy bars!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Totally relate to the candy bar request.
Sad about the baptism snafu. But why didn't the church have water for their font? Maybe she wasn't menat to baptized until her whole family could be baptized with her. Who knows?! Like you said, you did your part and I know that you and your companion followup and fellowship, so keep up the excellent work.
Post a Comment