Hey guys, another week has come and gone.
Well we had a great week this last week. Unfortunately we didnt have a baptism but instead we had probably one of the funniest things happen that I have seen in my lifetime. So last saturday we were working. We had just left a members house and were making our way to our next appointment. We visited the member cause she had fainted the previous day. So we were walking down this road that has a bakery on it. So we were walking and we came to an intersection of roads. When we got to this intersection I could here a buzzing noise coming from my left. So I looked to my left thinking I was gonna see a huge bug or something but to my surprise it was some guy flying down the street towards us on his bike and it looked like he had no intention of slowing down. So he was coming really fast and we kept walking not really paying any attention. So when he passed behind us I heard him put on the brakes to try and turn. I was thinking, " what the devil? Is he really going to try and take this curve right now?" So he started drifting and ended up going onto the sidewalk (the sidewalks here are pretty big). So he goes up there and by this time me and Elder Collett were both looking at him trying to figure out what he was doing. So this guy goes up on the sidewalk at the same speed that he was going. He was still flying! So by this time he is headed straight for the bakery that I mentioned earlier. There are these pillars that are in front of the bakery and he managed to squeeze inside the space between the pillars and the wall that was just barely big enough to fit him and his bike through. So he is still going pretty fast and we noticed that he was going to crash into some old dude that was sitting in his way. All of a sudden he clipped one of the pillars and that sent him straight into the wall! He ate it! His front tire hit the wall and so did his head and shoulder. We are sure he was drunk cause he did not shout in pain or anything. So people started running to his aid while what we had just seen was settling into our minds. Then Elder Collett started laughing so we left. It was hilarious!! That is my stopry of the week.
So looks like halloween was just dandy for you guys. We didnt do anything here exept work so thats not a bad thing. I did get my package yesterday mom and thank you so much! It is awesome and dont worry, you didnt send any duplicate pictures. Well thats it from down here in the south. Like 1 month until I get to talk to you guys again! Love yall!
Love, Elder Ashton
ps. I want pop tarts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Biker Dudes...can't figure them out at all. Maybe it was his first time on the bike?!!...who knows. Hope he wasn't seriously hurt and glad you weren't in his way because it sounds as though he TOTALLY had NO control whatsoever.
Post a Comment