Wednesday, February 4, 2009

GEMS OF TRUTH

We had a great lesson (as usual) in gospel doctrine class the other day and thought I should record my notes on Elder Ashton's blog for all to read. The teacher had these 'gems of truth' written on the board and told us that truth always outlasts the test of time.
  • Sin ALWAYS has consequences!
  • The Lord WILL keep His promises!
  • The Lord promises: Salvation, Peace and Joy to those who repent.
  • I should care more about what God thinks than what others think.
  • The work of God cannot be stopped.
  • If I want His help, I must be obedient.
  • My gifts can be taken away if I am disobedient.

All are true statements and will outlast the test of time. Thank goodness for the gospel and the missionaries who share it with those seeking the truth! I love you, Elder Ashton!!!!

No comments: