Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hey Guys!

It is wednesday yet again,

I cant believe that Carson gets home in 1 week!!!!! Soon it will be me coming down those escalators at the airport! Hold on though cause I still got a couple of months left. I want you guys to put a couple of watchyamacallits in the guess bucket for jamies mish. Do those candy bars still exist?
So last sunday we had stake conference which was awesome! Our President spoke and gave a great talk on faith. Faith is a very important principle that we all need to put into action in our lives. He said that he usually asks people what the first principle of the gospel is and everybody usually gets only half of it right. They usually say faith, but it is faith in the Lord Jesus Christ that we need to have. We can have faith in anything but he is the most important. The work is going kind of slow here but we are working with alot of people. The kid didnt get baptized just yet but we are going to work with him and help out his mom too. It is so hot here during the day! Today we were walking around and I happened to look down at the tan on my arms. Its pretty funny. My arm is tan up to my elbow, then it is really white. Yall are gonna love it haha. Well guys I love yall!!!!!!!!!

Love, Elder Ashton

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

By the time you return it will be winter time in Brazil and you will have lost your awesome Missionary tan lines. Rats! And I so wanted to see them. We are over here excitedly awainting your little bro's call. Maybe he will go to Finland and never get Missionary tan lines.

Anonymous said...

Elder Ashton, here is a joke for you that Uncle Serge heard.

A guy is watching the news with his girlfriend when the newscaster announces, "Two Brazilian men die in a skydiving accident."

The girl starts crying to her boyfriend sobbing, "That's horrible! So many men dying that way!"

Confused he says, "Yes dear, it is sad but they were skydiving and there is always that risk involved."

After a few minutes, the girl--still sobbing--says, "How many is a Brazilian?"