Sunday, December 30, 2007

The End of Elder Stewart's Email

Last part to Elder Stewart's email and a picture of Elder Stewart, Elder Ashton and Elder ? at their Christmas Zone Conference. He writes:

There were many ups and downs this week but you can rest assured that Elder Stewart will be here to endure them all. I know that this work is of God and that I was called by a living prophet to cry repentance unto this people and that is what I am going to do until the end. I honestly feel now that I have been a missionary for my entire life and even with all the hard times I almost don't want to ever stop doing this work. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that He paid for our sins. I will do all in my power to help our Heavenly Father's children take advantage of the blessing that are offered by the Atonement of our Lord. I hope you all have a great Holiday Season and that you will all remember the true spirit of Christmas through out this time of year.
I will close with a funny story that happened the other day that will probably gross out my mom but that is ok, things happen on the mission like this. So anyway, I was sleeping the other night and felt something on my foot. Immediately my mind went to that part in "The Other Side of Heaven" with the rats eating his feet. After the panic past I kicked my foot and heard a cockroach land on the ground and scurry under my bed to hide. Well, at this point I was mad that it would have the audacity to crawl on me and so I grabbed my sandal and vowed to kill it. After a short hunt I accomplished my goal only to hear another one scurrying in the bathroom. I proceeded to find him and killed him as well. Then I searched the rest of the house and went back to bed. This escapade took place at 4:30 in the morning and was definitely not a welcomed one. I hope you all enjoyed the narration; I think I should do a story telling festival or something. (It is even better in person and in Portuguese—believe me!) Well I love you all and hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I know I will because in January I can say, "I am going home this year." Until next time I write which will probably not be for two weeks! Tchau!

Elder Stewart

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your cockroach story is gross but there are grosser missionary stories out there as you probably know. I have a son that can tell you vividly about his companion pulling a gut worm the size of a rat snake out of his mouth in the middle of the night and then rolling over and falling easily asleep again. Missionaries are tough dudes.