Friday, December 7, 2007

Hello, de novo (again)

(When I got up on Wednesday morning I turned on the computer to check the subfinder list and I noticed that someone from Brazil had checked my blog so I sent Ashton a quick email asking if he was online. About an hour later I received his email saying, "ya, I am!" so I hurried and emailed him back again and we sort of had a conversation....about 3 different interactions......but it was great anyway! He then ran out of his paid time on the computer so he hurried and switched to Elder Neves computer and mailed this one to me.)

Have a funfilled Wednesday! So are you still teaching? How much time does Cade have left in his mission?
Did you know that Sam Wolthius's (a good friend from Colorado who went to Italy) mission ends tomorrow!!! I thought I should write him cause I knew he was going home soon but not that soon! We happened to be on at the same time haha just like you and me. He is excited but also sad to be going home. That kind of made me really trunky to talk to him. I need your prayers mom ok. This work is really hard and I know I won't be able to do it on my own. Thanks mom I love you so much. Actually last night we went to teach this lady and we went to her house to find her but she wasn't there. We figured she was at the family night that was being held a couple doors down the street. We went there but she wasn't there. We walked into the middle of the family night and the guy conducting it invited us to talk about our mothers. So we got to talk about our mothers. I tried to come up with some sentences but only managed a few simple ones. I said, "Minha mãe é muito importante para mim. Ela me ajudou muito em casa. Eu amo minha mãe." My mom is very important to me. She helped me alot at home. I love my mom. Just thought I'd let you know about that. Love you mom and next week I will try to find a place to send some pics!

Love, Elder Ashton (de novo)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elder Ashton, you can tell that you are coming upon your 6 month mark in your mission. The challenges are great and the heart is very willing, but sometimes you wonder about yourself. I remember your cousin Ben on his mission in Korea and how he used to write home all the time telling about how he was still waiting and praying for the gift of tongues. Now look at him. Before you know it you will be going into your last six months and your mission will be completely different as will you. Be strong, Elder, Be determined, Be prayerful and the Spirit will be with you always.
P.S. I love your Mom, too. She is incredible....and so is your dad.. and so are you.