As soon as I get home today (or after YW tonight) I will insert some great pictures that Elder Stewart sent. It will be great to finally meet this elder after getting to know him through emails!
Hey there!
Well, I know that I have not written for a couple of week and I am sorry about that but I have been running around like crazy and yet at the same time it seems like nothing has happened. I will try and make this email interesting and remember everything that has happened in the last couple of weeks. So let's get started!
So a couple of weeks ago I went on a little site-seeing tour of a little city on the other side of the river. It is called Arraial D'Ajuda. I sent a lot of pictures home the week that I went so I think you will all have seen them by now. It was a lot of fun to finally go somewhere just to relax and have fun. I like Porto Seguro because of the amount of things I can do on P-day. It really makes up for the negatives which are high-priced food and tons of tourists.
This last week my companion and I worked hard and happened to find a bunch of people to be baptized and on Sunday we baptized four young men. Three are brothers and the other is their friend. They had been going to church for a while and we decided to talk to them and invited them to be baptized and they accepted! So we had great Sunday and it also happened to be that President was there so it made us look like a bunch of suck-ups
ha ha but that is ok. Unfortunately my camera fell out of my hand some how and is not working so I sent it in to get it fixed. Sunday started a cycle of stress in my life that is just now starting to lessen a little bit. Baptisms always seem to increase the stress level when you have to take care of everything. Then when my camera broke I felt more stress adding up. Then, I had to prepare a training for the Zone Conference and also set everything up for the conference also. I also was with the assistant for two days straight and that puts a little bit of pressure on me because of the fact that assistants are always watching you. All of this has left me a little bit overwhelmed but I am handling it a lot better now. Ha ha. We have six baptisms for this week end so pray that they all work out. I have to baptize about equal with the rate that I am to reach my goal before the end of my mission. I think that the Lord will help me to reach my goal because of my desire and he kind of owes me
because of the 13 weeks that I didn't baptize in Salvador. I am just kidding the Lord never owes me anything because of how much he has already done for me I am still in his debt.
Speaking of the conference, everything went well and I did a really good job on my training that I gave. I also was chosen by the assistant to do a practice in front of everyone because he liked my creativity in applying the principle that he taught us. It was about showing the importance of the commitments that the people are making. I used an example that showed the importance of the investigator being ready to go to church on Sunday. I chose to emphasize the fact that the sun is destroying my hair and that I was begging the person to be ready so I didn't have to wait in the sun for him when I got there. I also asked if he had ever seen an American cry to which he said no and I said that it was a very ugly sight so he should not disappoint me. Everyone had a good laugh and President said he liked my idea. My companion also did a practice and his was completely different and just as effective so the assistant praised both of us for our ability to use the same principle in individual situations. He told all of the missionaries that they should pay attention more to us as leaders because we are the best that his mission has! I was really shocked and yet very happy to know that I was considered to be one of the best missionaries in the mission. It finally hit me that after so much time on the mission I was one of the oldest missionaries
in the mission. I had spent my whole mission looking up to other missionaries a head of me and now I am the one that is being looked to as an example. I can't believe how fast the mission is flying by! It seems like just yesterday that I was in the MTC and really excited to serve my mission. But that is part of life. You have to learn to deal with change and make it a positive part of your life. If there is one thing that I have learned on my mission it is how to deal with change! Ha ha. But yeah the last couple of weeks have been a blur of nothing to me but I will try to stay more attentive to what happens so that you can all know what is going on. The work is going great and I am happy so I can't really ask for more. I hope you all are doing well and know that you are always in my prayers. I love you and look forward to your emails next week. I will send pictures with this email too! Tchau!
Elder Stewart
Well, I know that I have not written for a couple of week and I am sorry about that but I have been running around like crazy and yet at the same time it seems like nothing has happened. I will try and make this email interesting and remember everything that has happened in the last couple of weeks. So let's get started!
So a couple of weeks ago I went on a little site-seeing tour of a little city on the other side of the river. It is called Arraial D'Ajuda. I sent a lot of pictures home the week that I went so I think you will all have seen them by now. It was a lot of fun to finally go somewhere just to relax and have fun. I like Porto Seguro because of the amount of things I can do on P-day. It really makes up for the negatives which are high-priced food and tons of tourists.
This last week my companion and I worked hard and happened to find a bunch of people to be baptized and on Sunday we baptized four young men. Three are brothers and the other is their friend. They had been going to church for a while and we decided to talk to them and invited them to be baptized and they accepted! So we had great Sunday and it also happened to be that President was there so it made us look like a bunch of suck-ups
Speaking of the conference, everything went well and I did a really good job on my training that I gave. I also was chosen by the assistant to do a practice in front of everyone because he liked my creativity in applying the principle that he taught us. It was about showing the importance of the commitments that the people are making. I used an example that showed the importance of the investigator being ready to go to church on Sunday. I chose to emphasize the fact that the sun is destroying my hair and that I was begging the person to be ready so I didn't have to wait in the sun for him when I got there. I also asked if he had ever seen an American cry to which he said no and I said that it was a very ugly sight so he should not disappoint me. Everyone had a good laugh and President said he liked my idea. My companion also did a practice and his was completely different and just as effective so the assistant praised both of us for our ability to use the same principle in individual situations. He told all of the missionaries that they should pay attention more to us as leaders because we are the best that his mission has! I was really shocked and yet very happy to know that I was considered to be one of the best missionaries in the mission. It finally hit me that after so much time on the mission I was one of the oldest missionaries
Elder Stewart

No comments:
Post a Comment