I have to disagree with Elder Ashton's subject heading! He has plenty to say in this email. Overcoming adversity is a hard thing to do!
Hey guys!
So just want to start off by saying this letter might be a bit disappointing cause in the life of Elder Ashton nothing is happening. Um it has been really hot lately and really hard with the work but I hope that it starts to get better. I am starting to get accustomed to being senior now that I have been one for 5 weeks and I'm still learning alot more. The trick to being a missionary is loving the people where you are. I remember my good friend Aunt Vicky has said that quite a few times and she is right. It is very difficult to deal with people different than the ones you are used to. Also ones that don't even speak your own language. But if you have a good attitude towards everyone you associate with you can learn to brush off all of the stupid comments that are directed towards you. I have had many experiences with people telling me how stupid I am for being here, that what I believe is of the devil, that the only reason I am here is to steal from them. But I have learned that I just have to remember what I know. That everything I am doing here is for the Lord and he has said that there is going to be "opposition in all things" and that I just have to do my best. Satan has a great hold on many people and it is sad to see but I know that I just have to try my best and that is what the Lord wants.
So with having said that I will tell you about the week. Not much at all happened until Sunday when we confirmed Fernanda. It is really cool cause I was talking to her and she said that since she has been baptized alot of the things that she has been asking for in her prayers have happened. So that was another testimony builder for me.
Monday was horrible. I decided the last week that I would change my mission for the better. I decided I would start doing my exercises everyday so that when I got home I would be attractive and ready to play sports again. So I started Monday. After I finished my exercises I felt really, really sick. I had to lay down and the rest of the day I was really out of it. It turns out that I didn't eat anything for breakfast and I had no energy to do exercises. So always remember to have some food in you before you exercise.
Tuesday, I was so sore!!!!!!! Holy cow and right now I am still way sore! But I knew this was going to happen and I will continue to do my exercises. But really that is all that is happening here in my world. This transfer is almost done. Hard to believe it went by that fast! It just goes to show that 2 years really isn't that much of time to do things of the Lord. He has asked for me to work for him for only a brief time and I have to put all of my will towards accomplishing that. There is that scripture that says if you save only 1 soul how great will your joy be. Imagine if you save alot of souls!!! So I keep that in mind when I am working. It is still hard to do the whole missionary routine everyday but I am being blessed for it. Please continue to pray for me, the work, and all of those other missionaries that are serving right now. Especially my good friend Elder Carson Ward who I heard has had a little bit of trouble where he is. But I have heard from him that things are getting better. That's all I really have to say this week and we have a 14 year old girl we are working with to get baptized this Sunday!! I'll let you know how it turns out. Tchau gente!!!
Love, Elder Ashton
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Dear Elder Ashton, I so cherish your letters and your insights. You are a great man and you have been taught well and are still being taught well. Remember, you are doing things for THE WORLD that only .05% (if even that much)of the population will ever do or even understand. You are one of God's rare warrior princes. NEVER turn your back on the Holy Spirit and ALWAYS seek for, ask for, and yearn for direction from your Heavenly Father. You are ALWAYS in my prayers, and when you return from your mission in 2009, I will be there for your sacrament talk and then again for your marriage to Jameson's girlfriend. Rock on!
Post a Comment