Hey fam!
So I am back in Vitória da Conquista! Its already alot better than the last time I was here. I am lucky to be living with our Zone Leaders who are helping me out alot. My companion is awesome too! He is so funny. He is Napolean Dynamite 2. Not even joking my friends haha it is so funny to just talk with him. Hes from Washington state, the Seattle area. It is hilarious to watch how many people that see us just let there jaws drop when they see how tall he is.
Oh so an experience that I would like to share with you guys. So last wednesday when I was coming back from hanging out with Elder Snyder and Elder Young for the last time in Ilhéus, me and Elder Collett were in the bus when someone tapped me on the shoulder. So I turned around and this white guy started talking to me in not so good portuguese asking if I played rugby there in brasil (I was wearing my vikings rugby tshirt). So I told him that I played in the states and then he realized I was american and started talking to me in English. It was extremely strange to talk to someone else in english that wasnt a missionary! He told me he was welsh and that he loved brasil so he moved here. I thought this was going to be an awesome spiritual experience and everything you know like you would here about in the ensign but I was just a tad bit off. So we got around to what me and Elder Collett were doing in Brasil and the guy came straight out and said he hated what we were doing. He was an Atheist and he said that the thought of a God would just ruin the beauty of the earth and everything. So I was kind of angry and sad that someone would actually think that. We tried to give him a card and everything but he just rejected everything we were offering him. So after that experience it made me do alot of thinking. Its sad that some people dont realize how happy they could be if they knew that they had a Heavenly Father that loved them and that there is actually a purpose to this life. I know that this church is true and I love it!!!!! Fique firme galera!!! (stay strong guys!) Other than that experience everything is going good here where I am. It is actually cold here during the summer!
Hey give Bri a hug for me!
Love, Elder Ashton
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Makes you wonder how the people bear up under loss and heartbreak. No afterlife, no reason for anything. How lost can one be? Keep up the spirit Elder, and know that there is more to you and to him than meets the eye. You are involved in a mighty work.
Great to read of some of your experences. You are doing so great in caring the greatest message ever to those deserving people. Wish everyone you met was wise enough to realize the value of your message. They are the loosers and it is so sad. Love you dear keep up the good work. Grandma F
Post a Comment