Ya so pretty much that is horrible about what happened to BYU! It does sound like they are going
to do awesome this year! The Tongan Trio? I dont think it could get much better than that! I mean Fui and Manase are good but who is this new guy? Harvey Unga sounds awesome too! Elder Stewart played junior jazz basketball against him. He killed him I guess. It looks like he chose the right sport to be playing haha. Go Blue!
to do awesome this year! The Tongan Trio? I dont think it could get much better than that! I mean Fui and Manase are good but who is this new guy? Harvey Unga sounds awesome too! Elder Stewart played junior jazz basketball against him. He killed him I guess. It looks like he chose the right sport to be playing haha. Go Blue! Mom dont worry about me having pjs, i actually dont wear any clothes to bed cause its so hot! Haha, jk! Scared you didnt I?
My pdays are on wednesday now. So ya.So
whats up with Jman? Why does he keep getting hurt? Haha you know what you should do?? You should make him a suit like that kid on Little Giants wears. Out of like those sleeping pad cushion thingies and bubble wrap. That would be tight haha. Be sure to send a pic of that!Stuff is still the same here.
Work, work, work. I am always wet too. If its hot outside then I sweat like no other and when its not hot its raining and I get soaked. Like I lose both ways. Oh so there are ants everywhere in my house. Everywhere!! They are in the food and all over everything. When I make milk and I stir it up all the ants float to the top and its easy to scoop them out. I just usaully eat them now. YUM!!! Hey Parker and Jameson, you better start savoring your sundays before your missions.
Cause on sundays here we work like no other. Treasure it cause I wish that after church I could go home and sleep all day. Actually last sunday we went and ate lunch at one of our Tia's (aunt's) house. We went and sat on there couch and we both fell asleep. That was weird. We slept for like an hour and a half! At least they didnt mind haha. There are some crazy people here in Brasil. Yesterday actually we went to go teach this 13 year old boy named Itamar. We went to his house and went in and saw that his mom and 2 other brothers were home. The older of the brothers was reading his bible and we were like "this can't be good". So we started teaching and we got to the part about prophets and he just started fighting us about the truths and whatnot. I actually had no idea what was going cause I couldnt understand what the kid was saying but I could tell that he was mad. He finally got up and left and we continued in peace. Then we got to Joseph Smith and he came back and freaked out again. Elder Stewart was just like we arent here to talk to you. We are here to share a message with who wants to listen so leave. He kept saying like not in my house. I will not have this teaching in my house. Then his mom said this is my house and you need to leave. That was so word!! During this time I said a prayer and asked for this guy to be quiet and a few minutes after I said it the kid went and stood in the corner and was mumbling stuff to himself. We finished teaching the other 3 and they liked it and accepted to read. So we are going back tonight to teach them more. We'll see what happens.
Work, work, work. I am always wet too. If its hot outside then I sweat like no other and when its not hot its raining and I get soaked. Like I lose both ways. Oh so there are ants everywhere in my house. Everywhere!! They are in the food and all over everything. When I make milk and I stir it up all the ants float to the top and its easy to scoop them out. I just usaully eat them now. YUM!!! Hey Parker and Jameson, you better start savoring your sundays before your missions.
Cause on sundays here we work like no other. Treasure it cause I wish that after church I could go home and sleep all day. Actually last sunday we went and ate lunch at one of our Tia's (aunt's) house. We went and sat on there couch and we both fell asleep. That was weird. We slept for like an hour and a half! At least they didnt mind haha. There are some crazy people here in Brasil. Yesterday actually we went to go teach this 13 year old boy named Itamar. We went to his house and went in and saw that his mom and 2 other brothers were home. The older of the brothers was reading his bible and we were like "this can't be good". So we started teaching and we got to the part about prophets and he just started fighting us about the truths and whatnot. I actually had no idea what was going cause I couldnt understand what the kid was saying but I could tell that he was mad. He finally got up and left and we continued in peace. Then we got to Joseph Smith and he came back and freaked out again. Elder Stewart was just like we arent here to talk to you. We are here to share a message with who wants to listen so leave. He kept saying like not in my house. I will not have this teaching in my house. Then his mom said this is my house and you need to leave. That was so word!! During this time I said a prayer and asked for this guy to be quiet and a few minutes after I said it the kid went and stood in the corner and was mumbling stuff to himself. We finished teaching the other 3 and they liked it and accepted to read. So we are going back tonight to teach them more. We'll see what happens. Oh I have another funny story. We went and taught this one lady when we were clapping gates. We got through most of it and asked her if she would like to have the wonderful feelings the holy ghost gave her forever. She said no. I was trying hard not to laugh. But ya that was a good time.
Well its been good to hear from ya and I really would love some marshmallow mateys! NOT JOKING!
Love Yall!,
Elder Ashton
ps. I would love it if you kept sending like pics of the family. People are always asking to see the fam and I would love to show them!

2 comments:
Incredible adventures and challenges for Elder Ashton. It was so loving of the family that let the Elders sleep on their couch. They will be blessed for that one. Another thought, if it is so hot now where Elder Ashton is, what is it going to be like in their summer time (since this is their winter time)? Elder Ashton, drinking ants and sweating like an athlete, you will melt away.
Love you, keep the faith and do the work. My prayers are with you.
That's just nasty. I get ants in my house sometimes and I bring out the "Can o' Death" and spray those suckers!
Post a Comment