Thursday, September 27, 2007

Mom I Need A Better Camera!!!

Mom,
The camera I have is not very good. At all. When I want to use the flash it totally drains the battery and it makes the picture I take all white. You cant even tell what is in the picture. So that would be amazing if you could send me the one I got from Christmas with the cords too. The one to hook up to the computer and the one to charge it. Heres what Ive decided, if I ever get robbed and they want my camera, I can give them the crappy one and keep the good one! Good plan huh?? So if you could do that it would be awesome. Im not sure if the cards for the other camera work on that one or not so if you could check that would be great. Thanks!

In other news, I finally received that package you sent me in the CTM! Ya it came and the new charger works like a charm. The elders that were there when I opened it loved the candy too. I got it like yesterday along with my new nametags! So yeah they are still going to call me Elder Ashton.

Elder Stewart is way cool! Speaking of Elder Stewart, on Sunday we had 2 baptisms. We had three marked but only one of those 3 was baptised. That would be Monique. The other 2's mom told them that they couldnt get baptised. So right after sacrament meeting we were getting prepared for the baptism when another one of our investigators came up and said she wanted to be baptised! We were like Let's Do It!! Luckily the AP's were there and could interview her. She passed so we baptised her too. That was the good part of the day. Later that night after our little ward meeting we had, Elder Stewart decided he was gonna do a backflip off this ledge thing. He did and landed on the curb and jacked up his ankle and ripped off most of his fingernail on his ring finger. I told him not to. He is a doido (fool). But now we will be buddies with both of our ringfingers sliced up! That was fun.

So the house I live in is actually pretty nice and clean. I have 2 mattresses. Sweet. It's only the 2 of us there. We live close to the mission office. It's like a 5 minute bus ride and like 30 minute walk. Just send the packages to the address I gave you awhile ago. Ta bom(ok)? Obrigado.Ya and I can get gel I just like to ask for things to annoy haha.You guys have some funny things happening back home. That's awesome! Time is going by and I have already been out here a month! Wow, pretty fast. I love all you guys! But you know that already. I also love BYU and the Y better be up on the roof! I knew they would turn things around.
Love, Elder Ashton

ps. Turns out that Josh Groban IS approved here. Darn, maybe someday we can figure out a way that I can get that music but for now I am good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to have a crazy companion to give you stories to write home about. Hope that is the least of the injuries you as missionaries collect over your two-year span. The plan about the good camera and bad camera is brilliant. Hope that the moment you are jacked you happen to have only the bad camera with you. We will be anxious to see some pictures from south of the Equator. Happy hunting! And congratulations on the baptisms.

KickButtMommy said...

I love the camera plan Ashton. I am all about the pictures. Glad you have a nice house too!