Saturday, September 29, 2007

Wednesday Night's Baptism Pics

This is an email I received from Ashton's companion with the attached pictures. At first I thought that it was an email from Elder Stewart's family because it was sent on a Friday and I had received pictures from Elder Snyder's family that way so I was really confused as to why they were talking like that.......so when I got to the part about the single girls I realized that it was, in fact, Elder Stewart and not his mom or dad.....and then it made a lot more sense!!! Now I know why Ashton is enjoying himself and his mission so much. Thank goodness for awesome companions!!
Here ya go!

Sister Smith,

This is your new adopted son Elder Stewart. Yes your son is fine! I just wanted to tell you that you can send pics to us of the family and what not to his email and then I have a Pendrive that we will take and get them developed if you would like. That way Elder Ashton wont have to feel so sad and tell everyone that he doesnt have any pictures of his family. Also, if you have any girls in your ward that are single and about 18-19 that would like to write a really cool missionary and friend to Ashton who will be home in 9 months, feel free to let me know! I know that you dont know me all that well and all but you can just lie and say that we were really close before the mission and that you really would recommend writing such a spiritual giant as myself. Oh and we are really happy to know that you are sending us "Marshmallow Mateys" ( I was just now corrected in my spelling of the name of the product by your son who likes to critique me as if he is an English major or something) I have to admit that I am coming off a little bit strong here so I guess I should end before I do something really out-landish (I dont know if that is a word but seeing as how you are a Maternity-leave substitute, I am sure you will know how to spell it.) I have just been informed that this will probably make "The Blog" and for that I am happy. If you would like I will start writing a random thought every week telling you from my point of view how your son is doing and giving you all a little comic relief. Ashton said that you would love that so I am gonna do it! ( I know "gonna" is not a word but it is a contraction to shorten time which I have lost in writing the explaination of this word) I hope you will enjoy this email and that my mom who is also receiving it will not think less of me or be embarrassed of me. (Love ya mom!) Tell Jameson and Parker good luck in Football. Tell Cade good luck with the rest of his mission and give a big hug to "Tony the Tiger" and a firm mission handshake to Coree. I hope you are all doing well and I will talk to you all later! Send Pics and get girls to write us! We need more mail than "The Blog" printed out weekly. Um, I ran out of things to say so I am going to end.......Tchau!

Elder Stewart
Aka
Your Son's new Daddy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Who's your daddy?" And Elder Ashton has a good one down there in Brazil. Great sense of humor and a 'dan-do' attitude. I'd give him a firm handshake anyday, and a mommy hug, too. Great pictures, makes me so proud of my nephew and all royal, loyal, hard-working missionaries. Makes me proud of Elder Stewart, too. Where do you hail from, Elder Stewart....perchance Virginia? See you in nine months for that mommy hug.