Hey guys,It's great to hear about whats going on at home. I think my mission president already told you but my first area is in Salvador. Its called Federação. I love the people here but i dont like the layout very much. It is a big ole ghettoish area. Houses are really close together and there are tons of stairs. There are way too many stairs. I do get fed enough here at the members houses. They always get mad at me for not eating all of the food that they give me. They think i dont like it. Im trying to please them though! So if you decide to send me another package i would love it if you sent me marshmallow mateys. I so want some marshmallow mateys right now! The cereal in the little grocery stores here arent too great. And i didnt get that package. I was kinda looking forward to it and i was bummed that it didnt get there in time. Oh well.
I already have had a baptism here. Elder Stewart baptized this little kid named Eduardo. He's insane! The work is kinda hard here. We do contacts each day cause that is the way that we get investigators. Most of the time we have a full schedule of appointments but some people aren't home when they should be. We get kind of put out by this but I suspected that it was going to happen. We are missionaries of course! The work is hard but I'm learning how to do it! My companion is great! His name is Elder Stewart and he is from Orem. He's been out for 1 year and 2 months now. We are having a blast here! The pictures I sent (before) were of some of the Davis kids and one of Elder Stewart came too I think. I'm going to send some in another email. I love all you guys! I need some more info on Byu. Dad told me they won which is cool and all but I would love more depth than that por favor.

Obrigado! Eu sei que Jesus Cristo é nosso Salvador e Redentor. Eu sei que ele morreu por nos. Eu sei que o evangelho de Jesus Cristo é verdadeiro e o Livro de Mórmon é verdadeiro.
Love,
Elder Smith
(We need Jason to interpret!!!)

1 comment:
Don't know what Obrigado means but the rest of it is, "I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I know that He died for us. I know that the (teachings or gospel) of Jesus Christ is true and the Book of Mormon is true."
And that's from the mother of Jason, former missionary to Portugal. Keep up the good work Michele and you will be cranking it out, too. It's part of the blessing of sending out a missionary.
Sounds like Elder Smith is right on target and doing extraordinary things already. Don't understand about the marshmallows though. Send me chocolate while you're sending him marshmallows. J/K!
Post a Comment