Yes it is true. Today is my last pday in the ctm. Im so excited!! I am way scared to though. Intense!! My district is going insane. We all want to leave right now. All we are doing this week is reviewing things we learned. I am actually grateful for that cause i cant remember everything. One person can only take so much of this place!!!
So not much has happened since last week. Like nothing at all really. We did go proselyting for the last time last friday. That was fun. We were taken to some busy street outside of a huge mall. Elder Snyder and I handed out all of our stuff within like an hour. There are lots of strange people here in Brasil. I didnt even get rejected by anyone this last time we went. Oh wait, there was this one lady. I started talking to her and I introduced us and she told us that she was of another faith. So we walked away and Elder Snyder started talking to someone. I kept looking over at the lady that I had just talked to and was like, "I should go back and give her a card on families." We were handing out passalong cards for Books of Mormon and Family Books. So after Elder Snyder had finished I went back up to her and said, "Desculpe, vocĂȘ gostaria aprender mais sobre famĂlias?" (Excuse me, would you like to learn more about families?) She was all excited and took my card. It was way cool. Proselyting was great! Afterwards my district went into the mall. It felt really weird being in there. Everyone was staring at us because we were a big group of white americans with church clothes and nametags. Who wouldnt stare?
A week from today I am shipped off to the state of Bahia. I have heard some interesting info about my mission. There is one city there that I hope I never have to go to. It gets up to 122 degrees!! Its strange because like the next city over from there is always cold. I dont get it. It will definitely be an interesting experience. I feel as though im starting all over again.Elder Snyders mom is going to send you the picture of us at the Sao Paulo temple hopefully. He asked her to do it in his email today. Make sure to check like your spam mailbox just in case that is where it goes.Oh ya and start sending my stuff to Salvador. Especially packages cause if they are sent to the ctm then Sis. Smith wont send them to my mission cause its expensive.
It sounds like you guys are doing tons of stuff at home! Although hectic it will be memorable. What are Coree and Cade up to nowadays?? I want to know! Oh ya and I heard that Guitar Hero 80's edition came out. After I heard that I thought about coming home. Just Kidding!!! Fun, well I love yall and I know that the church is true. Thats a good thing hahaLove, Elder Smith

p.s. I have been noticing alot of missionaries have this camera card reader that hooks up to the computer and lets them send there pictures. Ill let you know but I think that I will be able to just hook up my camera to the computer when I get out of here. Right now we arent supposed to take our cameras out of the ctm. Love ya

1 comment:
Cannot believe that two months have already gone by. The next 22 months will probably really fly and you'll be home again wondering where your mission evaporated to. Good luck with your first few months and your trainer...you'll be great.
Post a Comment