Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Still The Same......

Since Tony thought that Elder Brian's email was Ashton's and that this one was Carson's I decided that I had better clearly mark at the beginning who's email is who's......so this is from Elder Ashton and he says..........
I am getting so tired of this place!! I need to go to Salvador like now. Haha I really feel like I'm in a prison. (It's good to know that he is confident enough to go out and 'conquer' the world now instead of wanting to hide in the ctm for the remainder of his mission!!) So I have some exciting news! I guess Salvador is like the Jamaica of Brazil. That is awesome! Supposedly they speak slow and they are all just a very relaxed people. Not to mention that most people there are black. The people there are also very humble so pretty much when I leave, the state of Bahia will be entirely Mormon.


Nothing really exciting has happened in the last little while. Some of our good friends that we met here at the ctm left this morning. It was very sad. It was funny, last week one of the elders (Elder Bitseedy) was obsessed with the fact that Elder Snyder has a plane and can fly. So he was going on and on about it and we decided to make nicknames. Elder B came right out and called himself Foxtrot, Elder Carter (a really tall, extremely funny guy liable to be in the NBA one day) called himself Sundance, Snyder took Maverick and I am officially known as Iceman. Mom, I don't know if you are going to see me much when I get home because we are already planning a bunch of stuff right when we get back.

As of now, I am going to hang out with Elder Snyder and we are going to take his plane and go to Las Vegas and see Josh Groban in concert. Then we are going to the Peanut Carnival in Dothan, Alabama with Sis. York and her companion, Sis. Shirley. Ok, I'll hurry and tell a little about them. Sis. York is from Alabama and has the coolest accent I've ever heard. Sis. Shirley is from Cali and is way nice but she does have some good scowls every now and then. I nicknamed her Sis. Happy. Anyways, we are going to that carnival,
then to Magic Mountain in Cali, then to Sis. York's house in Hawaii, then we are taking an rv trip along the east coast. Let me know if you have any objections. (Do you think they have too much time on their hands? The ctm better give them a little more to do so they don't just sit there planning on what they are going to do in two years!!! I guess long-term goal setting is good though! And as far as objections go...I am fine with the traveling as long as he takes me with him!!)





It is good to hear that everyone is doing well at home. I have been praying hard every night for you guys and especially Jameson. It's good to hear that they are working out.

Oh with the shirts, what do I scrub them with? I use this coconut soap stuff they have in the laundry room and it takes most of it out but not really all of it. And make sure that when you mark Jameson's shirts for his mish you don't use a green marker up on the collar. It bleeds pretty nice and my collar has yellow dots on it. NO worries though.

Tell Dad thanks for sending me these awesome exerpts from talks I really learn alot from them. Also I would love to see what Dad looks like with way short hair. Rock on Dad! It also sounds like j-dog's hair is pretty insane too. I think that I might do the same thing while I'm down here haha.

In the next package could you throw in some fire hot cheetos please! I have been craving them. Also I didn't bring any gel or anything to do my hair. Sis. York gave me this wax stuff that works really well and I would love it if you sent me some. It is Garnier Fructis and it comes in a little bright green container. I think it says like styling wax on it or something. So if you come across it then it would be awesome if I could get some. Thanks!

I really should start writing things down during the week that you might want to hear about. I'll remember to do that but that is about it for right now.

Thanks for being the greatest family in the world and I hope you guys are doing well. Good luck Parker in football. You better score at least 12 touchdowns.

Love,
Elder Ashton

2 comments:

Cara said...

Ashton's hairstyling sounds much fancier than mine. Garnier Fructis indeed!

Anonymous said...

You can tell that you are still quite new in your mission. Worrying about your hairdo will soon be your last concern. By the time you get halfway through your mission you will be concerned with just having hair.
Sounds like you are motivated though and you will soon be out in the thick of things.