Hey guys,
So nothing happened this week except for conference. I love conference but is a bit different in portuguese. The other two americans and I wanted to watch it in english. So we talked to someone to be able to do that but he said we would only be able to read the closed captioning cause the station they got for english burnt out. So we spent awhile trying to set up in one of the rooms but we werent able to do it. We watched the first half of the last session in portuguese and the second half we were able to go up to the front of the chapel and watch it on a tv they had there with english closed captioning. It was pretty fun.
I had a request from mom in her last email to explain a typical day in the life of a brazilian missionary. So actually its pretty much the same as any other missionary in the world, although there are a few exceptions. So we wake up at 6:30 to get ready for the day and we study. We leave about 10:30 to talk with a few people and head towards our lunch appointment. Where I am right now we have lunch everyday from a member. In my other areas we didnt everyday. Lunch is the only meal we dont have to worry about but breakfast and dinner we do. So rapidinho (really fast) I will tell you what I like to eat down here. I like to eat cereal, hamburgers, hot dogs, and pizza. Not much changes huh mom haha. But what I usually eat at members houses is rice, beans, and meat. Kind of the norm here in Brasil. After lunch we kind of rest a bit to recuperate from the food we eat. (The members make us eat toooooo much haha) After that we head out to teach who we have marked to teach. If we dont have anyone to teach we find people to teach. We do this by knocking doors, talking with people on the streets, and also visiting members to see if they have any references for us. We do this until about 9 o'clock at night. It is a lot of fun. It is kind of discouraging at times when noone wants anything and they dont listen. But we keep our head up and we keep trying because we know its never easy. Especially with a million other churches vying for these same people. We have one thing that they dont, authority to actually do the things we say we can do. So if im not arguing with somebody about something, yes mom it may be hard to believe but i do argue sometimes :), Im trying my best to find the "elects" of God. I hope this works for you mom. I love yall and I hope you guys have a great week.
Oh ya before I forget, Cade that card you drew was awesome! I loved the fact that one was eating hot dogs and the other one was confused while looking at his map haha. Jameson and Parker good luck with your game tonight. Go Full Out! But Parker dont hurt to many fat kids while your at it haha.
Love, Elder Ashton
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Elder Ashotn, you are the Elect of God. May you always light up your corner of the world and draw the seekers to you. You and your companion are golden.
Post a Comment