Thursday, April 24, 2008

Hello From Elder Stewart!!

We didn't hear from Elder Ashton yesterday :( but....we heard from Elder Stewart so that's the next best thing!! I am sure that I posted the picture of the red flower sideways but it is still beautiful....maybe I will fix it someday!! (I can't wait to meet this guy!!)
Hey Guys!

Well this week went by way fast! I am almost scared at how fast the time is going by. I feel like I am not going to be able to baptize anyone because the time is going by so fast! I want to baptize another 12 people until the end of my mission and that is going to be a stretch but I am sure the Lord will help me. At least with a goal I am staying focused on the work and trying to finish off strong. I had a great week as far as I am concerned! I baptized a girl named Ana Paula. She is 17 and a complete elect! She will be moving to Argentina unfortunately and will get married in a matter of weeks. But she insisted on being baptized because she felt the spirit really strong. I was teaching some of her friends and she walked in and went to talk to the mom of the girls that I was teaching but she heard me talking about repentance and how we can be clean through baptism and she told her friend after we left that she wanted to be baptized and she was. It was awesome. The best part was what happened before this. I had already marked for the girls to read Alma 5 and they had not finished the reading because of how long the chapter is and so I said that they had to finish it before the next day and I told them that I would read it too so that I could talk more in depth with them about the reading. So I read that next morning and marked some good points that I wanted to share and that is what I taught when she was there! I know that the spirit helped me to put together that lesson so I could baptize Ana Paula. I am so grateful to be able to be an instrument in the Lord's hands. Because of Ana Paula I think that her friends will be baptized too! That will be three more baptisms! I am so impressed each and every day with the way that I can see the Lord's hand in this work and how he truly prepares people to hear the gospel and then puts them in my path so that I may teach them and help them become members of his church. I love my mission for that! I love to be a missionary because it has increased my testimony so much! I am so excited that my brother will have the opportunity to go and grow the way I know that I have. I have the same personality but I am a little bit more mature about life and the gospel. I know he is going to love his mission and I can't to find out where he is going!
In other news, my baptism that was going to go to Utah to get married to an American got married last week and is doing well. She went to the Timpanogos temple and apparently is living in California until her husband finishes college in Pasadena and then they will move back to Utah. Her mom is also thinking about moving to Utah to go to school and live with her daughter. So I will have a little bit of my mission back home. She says she wants to visit the fam while I am here still so I am giving her our address.
So that is my week. Nothing too exciting happened but it was a good week because it ended in baptisms! And I happy to be here still and will work hard until the end. So until next week I hope I will have some more baptisms and that I will be able to write about where my brother is going on his mission. I will talk to you then! See ya!

Elder Stewart

2 comments:

Cara said...

I feel like I know Elder S. too! It's been fun reading about these S. American missionaries. It helps me to feel young again.

Anonymous said...

You're sounding 'trunky', Elder. But you have earned the right.