Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Stewart is Gone.........

Well, the sad day finally came.

Elder Stewart is finally gone. He actually will get home tomorrow but he leaves today. He was an awesome first companion!!! IT wa so much fun running around with him and working. It has actually been like 7 months since that time. He actually called me this morning to talk with me before he left. He is way excited to get home. He is way excited to meet mom!!! He wants all of you guys to go to his homecoming this sunday. He should give you all the details when and where. That will be exciting!! So transfers went down. And I didnt leave!! Yay im so happy cause I like this area. Alot of stuff changed because so many leaders of the mission left. I for one became a District leader which is cool. I get to look out for my district now which consists of me and Bauer and another set of missionaries. It will be fun to have a little bit more responsibility. Lets see, you all remember Elder Snyder? He was my first companion way back in the MTC and now he is a zone leader. That is so cool!!!! He is going to do awesome. Well as for the work here. It is a little slow but Im sure it will pick up. We dont have anybody marked to be baptized this weekend but we will find someone.
Lately it has been way cold here and I wish I had a sweater. I wish I would have known to bring one in the first place though haha. Oh ya and I finally received that package with all of the peanut butter. Thank you!!!!! It is wonderful and Im so thankful for it. Elder Bauer is really thankful also. The rugby shirts we got also are sweet! Good job on designing mom! Im still excited about working out here in Brazil and my 1 year mark is coming up. I cant believe ive been away from you guys for that long!!! Does it feel like it? It sure doesnt feel like that long to me at all haha. I have nothing else to say right now. Hey, thanks aunt Vicky for all of the comments!!!!! Love yall!!!

Love, Elder Ashton

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

D.L.!!!! Wow. No surprise, though. Before the end of next year you will be A.P. and wishing that you were back knocking doors. Love you, Elder Ashton, you're my kind of missionary.