The first to bear his testimony was Brother Stone. He talked about what he had done recently and places he had visited and attitudes he had experienced but what stuck out most from his testimony was "we want to be annoyers and disturbers of Satan's plan." So true! I have never thought of it that way but if we are keeping the commandments and doing everything in our power to do what is right and good and to help spread His gospel to others then we are annoyers and disturbers of Satan's plan.....How wonderful is that? I never thought that being annoying and disturbing could be so wonderful!!
Later, during the meeting Sister Davies bore her testimony and in it she told of a story that Jordan, (her son who is serving a mission too) had relayed to her about his modern day miracle. He had met a man on the bus one day and had a great time discussing the gospel with him but when Jordan got off the bus he realized he had not given the man a Book of Mormon so he felt really discouraged about that. So for 3 days he kept praying that he would somehow find this man again so that he could give him a book. Then one day they were tracting and came to this house and a man answered the door and he said, "Mr. Davies?" And Elder Davies said his name back and sure enough he was blessed with the opportunity to give this man a Book of Mormon once again!
“Pray always, and I will pour out my Spirit upon you, and great shall be your blessing—yea, even more than if you should obtain treasures of earth.” (D&C 19:38.)
I'm not sure if I have ever posted this picture because I found it hiding in a different file and not labeled and this is one of my favorite pictures of an annoyer and a disturber and two sweet little girls. I love this picture!! and am so proud of Elder Ashton and his efforts to be annoying and disturbing!! Way to go Elder Ashton!!

2 comments:
Annoying, eh? I think I could do that! Nanny-nanny-boo-boo Satan you can't catch me! *blow raspberry*
WE had a wonderful testimony shared with us on Sunday by a handsome elder. He told his conversion miracle story. He was from Ghana and was misplaced from refugee camp to refugee camp all of his growing up years. He speaks 8 languages and he learned English when he got to the States by sitting for a year in Primary, singing their songs and hearing their stories. His whole story is incredible and due to valiant missionaries, of which he has become. God loves us, indeed we should be loving God with every fibre of our being.
Elder Ashton is always in my prayers.
Post a Comment