Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I Don't Know What To Write For The Subject So I Will Just Put Something Obnoxiously Long

Hey Family!
So President Hinckley died huh. Thats sad but cool too cause he gets to go be with his wife again. Since last conference I thought he wasn't going to make it through my mission just because he said, "I hope to make it to our next session of General Conference". He said that jokingly but sadly he didn't make it. Thinking about life after death just makes you want to live our life so you can be with your fam forever! I know that I am striving for this cause I love you guys!!!!!!!!! Just think, when we are all up there we can laugh at dad's jokes forever even though they aren't funny! Haha love you dad!
Ya, I finally took some cool pics outside of the house. I do have more pics but I have plenty of space on the cards that I have. So don't worry about that right now.
Leandro didn't get baptized on Sunday cause when we went to have his Baptismal Interview he wasn't home. And he wasn't at church on Sunday. To some of you this may look like a bad sign but we stopped by after church and he explained about everything. Tomorrow he's gonna have his interview and we will baptize him this coming Sunday. Yay! I had an interview with my mission president on Monday and the first thing he asked me was if I was ready to be senior companion. I said yes of course even though this means I have to do alot more thinking. I'm scared too but with the Lord's help, and if I do all that I can to be ready, I will be.
That's cool that Cade had a party. I never had a party. So you can see how strange missionaries are. We aren't that much different! These Brazilians are so funny! I love being around them even though I don't understand everything. I can't wait until I can proudly say that I understand everything!!!
Thank you for the prayers. This stuff is hard work but with the Lord helping me I can make it through each day! I love yall!

Love, Elder Ashton

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elder Ashton, you have a super dad and one whom you are fortunate enough to be like.
AS to understanding everything,....when you do let me know how you did it so that I can do it, too. Senior Comp! Awesome!!