Thursday, January 10, 2008

Hey fam, and especially Mom!



So things are going good down here. We just received 2 new elders to our area and now our area isn't huge! We divided it down the middle and now Elder Neves and I will be working more in a place called Acupe. The two elders are Elder Feitoza and Elder Gonçalves. They are cool and already are working really hard so things should start to improve now. It was sad but our baptism didn't happen last Sunday because the girl didn't feel prepared. Bummer but we have one marked for this week so I will let you know what happens. It is blazing hot down here everyday and everytime after lunch I feel like I want to die! Cause we eat and get really tired and don't want to go out in the hot sun to work. But we do anyways and I always feel really good after we teach people. So I don't have any huge stories to tell you. Well actually, Elder Snyder got transferred down to a city called Itabuna so for the first time in 6 months I don't have him close by. It's all good though. I got an email from president saying that my first 6 months are a "getting used to" time and now my mission is beginning. He said that I have to study hard so that I can start really helping the people. Also he told me that I am in charge of my own mission and what happens here depends on me. So, to let all of you know I am going to start being alot better and working alot harder. Yay!

It's funny cause I remember awhile ago you sent me a blog and some dude wrote on it in Portuguese. At the time I could not figure out what he was saying but I went back and read it and now I understand everything. So at least I know that I am somewhat improving in this language which is awesome! Mom, that translator totally slaughtered the true meaning haha. That's funny. Here is the way it should sound: I really liked this post and its blog is really interesting. I will check here always =) After have a look on my site that is about CresceNet. I hope you like it. Its address is blahblahblah. A hug!
Much more understandable huh haha.
About the pics you put up. The church is right out my window. It is a Catholic church and they ring a bell every morning that wakes us up. The next is some dude that I saw standing outside the church. No idea who he is but he looked like he is loving life! The others are of what we did on Christmas Eve. It was awesome!
Ya, Satan is lame! I don't like him at all!! It's sad to see all of the lives that he has destroyed down here. We have these ghettos down here and the reason that they are so big is because girls become pregnant way too early down here and then move into a house in these ghettos. Most of the people down here don't live with both of their parents. You can guess why. But it is just sad to see everyone living in such poverty and to know that if they had made better decisions they could be alot happier. But of course we are here to help with that. But don't worry guys, I am still diggin it down here and there is alot of work to keep me plenty busy. I will be careful though mom so don't you worry!
Love yall!

Love, Elder Ashton

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are wearing our sweaters and scarves and Elder Ashton is sweating rivers. By the time he returns he will be an expert on Brazilian summers and the Brazilian form of Portuguese. Behold a Royal Army.