Monday, January 14, 2008

A Missionary's New Year's Eve

I am at a loss for words....in fact, words just can't describe what we are seeing and I really debated even posting these pictures except for the fact that Ashton had already told me about them so I thought that I should share them with the rest of the family just so you know that Ashton really does have an alter-ego. Somewhere deep down he wants to be a rockstar (I guess!!) He told me on the phone that on New Year's Eve they had nothing to do so he came up with the idea of dressing up in the clothes that the elder's of the past who lived in this house had left behind. So this is the result of their ingenuity and creativity. Missionaries really know how to have fun!














I am not sure but I think that that is Ashton's temple tie tied around his head!! Ashton..please tell me that that is NOT so.........:)

3 comments:

Cara said...

I can see that the mosquito bites haven't gotten him down one bit.

Anonymous said...

Believe me, these are 'tame' missionary photos compared to some I have seen. Elder Ashton is happy, healthy, and good-looking. He is doing great and I love him. This is just a secondary thought here but maybe he should consider trying out for the cheer squad at BYU when he returns. He surely can jump high.

Anonymous said...

Here are some song lyrics from EFY O.T. that fit Elder Ashton's musical mood.

"Somebody knows all of my fears,
And all that I have to learn,
But somebody sees the person I'll be
When faithfully I return.
So I'll bear my witness
Of His mercy and forgiveness.
Safe in His footsteps I'm ready to serve.
With the light inside that's leading me on,
And a voice that's calling my name,
And for all I believe I will go where it leads,
Put my life in heaven's hands.
I know I can,
Here I am,
Send me."

Temple tie on forehead and a leap in his step. Listen up world.... Elder Ashton is here.