Wednesday, July 18, 2007

CoCo a Lum

As I conversed with Sister Barbara over emails that have been sent we both agreed that because of the widespread viewership of this blog that maybe it would be a good idea to not print everything exactly as it has been written for safety precautions for our sons and for any people who are mentioned so I will print some of the fun and uplifting stories they have to share in a somewhat generalized version for all to read. We are so proud of our sons for the choices that they have made to spread the word of God and want you all to share in their successes to bring joy into the lives of others! What an awesome gospel this is! After reading through these emails I can see another movie like "The Other Side of Heaven" in the making.

Elder Carson writes:

(Referring to the heading) That is good afternoon in Bassa the main tribal language here. Well you know that here nothing ever goes according to plan or is easy, so there is always a lot to write.

First off because of the unrest here in Africa the church has made sure that we have enough money on hand so that we can leave the country at anytime if needed. All the missionaries fasted last week, which is 12, including the couples so we will see what happens. Great times here in Africa!!
Oh and I have a good story from Tuesday night. So I was sleeping under my net and at 2 in the morning I woke to a huge spider munching on my toe. It hurt really bad so I killed the spider. But soon all toes felt like they were on fire! and then after another 10 minutes my whole foot, it hurt so bad that it was hard to breathe then the pain moved up to my knee and my leg would cramp up and I couldn't walk. But then I remembered in my suitcase the medicine that mom gave me for rashes and bug bites so I hopped over in the dark and rubbed the stuff all over the bite then I took some Tylenol and after an hour of intense pain I was able to go back to sleep. Yesterday it was good enough to walk on and today it is just sore and tender from my knee down BUT I'M GOOD!! But is harder to fall asleep at night. I love Africa.

Well the new mission president arrives tomorrow so that will be good. He asked to work with the missionaries so me and my companion invited him to teach with us tomorrow morning so we will see how that goes. I don't know how good his French is.

We are always going a million miles a day and there is never a day that we just go teach all day and then come home because there is always something that happens or is going on that needs our attention. Every day when I leave the house I wonder "what new thing will I get to experience today" and I'm never disappointed.






Elder Carson

1 comment:

Cara said...

Well I'm glad HE loves Africa, but I think I'll give it a wide berth...