Family,
.........................
So proselyting was so intense!!! I was scared to death. So my district was taken to like the middle of Sao Paulo. We were told we were going to Palestra Ave. Busier than Times Square! So we were going and the bus driver pulled over to drop us off. We got out and looked around and there was no one there. So we were like, sweet, this will be cake. But then we walked maybe like 100 yards up this street and WHAM! It was Times Square.
So we were standing in our group and our advisor told me and my companion to go that way. So we started up the street and began. Snyderman started handing out pass-along cards left and right while I was building up the courage to even talk to anyone. After awhile he was just like, "Elder you are one of the most spiritual people I know. Every time I'm around you I feel the spirit. Whenever you speak I feel the spirit so strongly now go talk to someone!" I was just like ok I can do this. So we walked back down the street a little ways and then we stopped. I was trying to figure out who I could talk to and noticed some girl was looking at us. I didn't think anything of it and we started walking again. We were starting into the crosswalk when I turned around and walked straight to her. I felt like she needed to hear us. So I went up to her and just started my short little lesson and she listened. She never took her eyes off me and she gladly took the pass-along card I gave her. I felt so good! It was intense!
So we were standing in our group and our advisor told me and my companion to go that way. So we started up the street and began. Snyderman started handing out pass-along cards left and right while I was building up the courage to even talk to anyone. After awhile he was just like, "Elder you are one of the most spiritual people I know. Every time I'm around you I feel the spirit. Whenever you speak I feel the spirit so strongly now go talk to someone!" I was just like ok I can do this. So we walked back down the street a little ways and then we stopped. I was trying to figure out who I could talk to and noticed some girl was looking at us. I didn't think anything of it and we started walking again. We were starting into the crosswalk when I turned around and walked straight to her. I felt like she needed to hear us. So I went up to her and just started my short little lesson and she listened. She never took her eyes off me and she gladly took the pass-along card I gave her. I felt so good! It was intense!So we kept going along handing stuff out and I was still kind of scared but I did it. After awhile a couple of the other elders in our district came up and we split with them. I split with an elder from Logan and I kept telling him that I couldn't do it and whatnot. He told me to pick out someone before we reached the end of the block and so I talked to this guy who seemed like he was in his 20's. He had some sweet earrings too.
But he took a card also and seemed pretty happy about it. Oh ya, while Snyderman and I were going we met some guy who thought he was a prophet. Talk about strange. But back to the story, the elder from Logan and I were going back to the group cause it was time to go and I still had my O Livro de Mormon. I got back all disappointed and was like darn I didn't do it. Then another one of the elders was like "go the 2nd mile, give it to someone." So we hurried and went and talked to this guy. I started talking to him and he seemed kind of confused about the book. After awhile of me speaking Portuguese he was like why don't you just speak to me in English. I don't think he knew English that well. He was still confused. So after awhile our instructor came up and talked to him and he took the book. And then we came back to the ctm (MTC). Good day.
But he took a card also and seemed pretty happy about it. Oh ya, while Snyderman and I were going we met some guy who thought he was a prophet. Talk about strange. But back to the story, the elder from Logan and I were going back to the group cause it was time to go and I still had my O Livro de Mormon. I got back all disappointed and was like darn I didn't do it. Then another one of the elders was like "go the 2nd mile, give it to someone." So we hurried and went and talked to this guy. I started talking to him and he seemed kind of confused about the book. After awhile of me speaking Portuguese he was like why don't you just speak to me in English. I don't think he knew English that well. He was still confused. So after awhile our instructor came up and talked to him and he took the book. And then we came back to the ctm (MTC). Good day...................................................
Tomorrow.....the other missionary stuff.

2 comments:
Sounds like quite a day!
I think that girl just thought Elder Smith was the best looking guy she had ever seen! It's such a burden to be so handsome...
Post a Comment