
Hey family! How's it goin? You all probably think that I'm dead by now but don't worry. I'm not. Holy cow, the ctm (MTC in Portugeuse) has been amazing! Since all we do is sit in class for like 12 hours a day and eat tons of food, what could be better? Probably the one thing I hate is the fact that I have to walk up 6 flights of stairs all day long. At least I won't get fat ha ha. My companion is one of the coolest people I know. His name is Elder Snyder. He is from St. George. The language is coming pretty well, it's still hard to understand what all the Brazilians say because they slur all of their words together. It's funny because two of our roommates are straight out of Brazil. They teach us how to say tons of stuff like escovo de
dentes. I love saying that. It means 'toothbrush'. Oh my heck, that plane flight was the worst thing ever! I think I already told you how my back was hurting the whole time. Actually today we got to go to the Campinas Brazil temple. It was so nice. It was awesome! Today was our first p-day. It's so crazy here! The drivers of the cars are insane as are the motorcycle riders. The motorcycles just weave in and out of cars like they can do whatever they want. Strange I know, so what's been going on at home? Anything new? Let me know what's going on ok?
dentes. I love saying that. It means 'toothbrush'. Oh my heck, that plane flight was the worst thing ever! I think I already told you how my back was hurting the whole time. Actually today we got to go to the Campinas Brazil temple. It was so nice. It was awesome! Today was our first p-day. It's so crazy here! The drivers of the cars are insane as are the motorcycle riders. The motorcycles just weave in and out of cars like they can do whatever they want. Strange I know, so what's been going on at home? Anything new? Let me know what's going on ok?Love,
Elder Ashton

4 comments:
Sounds like so much fun Ash.. I mean Elder Smith! Can't wait to hear more from the crazy land of Brazil! We watched some awesome home videos on sunday of the 5 Smith Boys doing some smooth moves with basketballs. so coool.
Crazy Brazilian drivers - they can't be much worse than Utah drivers :) The temple looks beautiful and sounds like loads of fun. Go Black Name Tags!
Wow, food all day long? Where do I sign up?
I take exception to that remark about Utah drivers!!
Translation:(so what's been going on at home? Anything new? Let me know what's going on ok?)means I'M HOMESICK!!
Great to hear that Elder Smith is enjoying the experience. Do people ask if he's related to Jos. Smith?
Post a Comment